Monday, June 13, 2011

The Dead, the Med, the Red - A Dream Come True

It has been my dream for many years to visit the Holy Land. This year we "blew the wad", and took a trip to Jordan, Israel and Egypt in May. It was worth every penny. We had a great time and got to see so many places that we had only heard or read about. We walked where Jesus walked. We saw where He healed the sick and infirm. We visited Gethsemane where He ultimately paid the price for each of us. Now when I hear about those places I will visualize them. I will never be the same. We saw the the Dead Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, the Red Sea, the Sea of Galilee, the Nile, and the River Jordan. We saw Petra, Masada, the Pyramids, the Dome of the Rock, the Mount of Olives, Bethlehem, and a hundred other places. Here are a few pictures.




The Mediterranean Sea


The Jordan River

The Red Sea on the night of the full moon.

The Dead Sea


Masada

No comments: