
So my friend called me last week to tell me about her neighbor, who is trying to sell her contract for spring semester. I've been torn about whether or not I should move out next semester, mainly because of the money issue. However, after praying and thinking about it, I've decided to take up the offer! It's BYU housing, however there are a few students that go to UVU. I was told that two of my roommates are extreme healthy eaters, which will be a good influence for me. (Not that mom isn't.) As for the my actual roommate, she's usually only there 3 days a week, because she goes home a lot. My friend will be living next door too! Also, the ward and bishopric are great! It has a pool, so that's a bonus! It's only $260 a month plus utilities. That shouldn't be too bad. I was planning on living in Glenwood, but I talked to my friend and she said it's $300 a month and that's a lot! I also looked at living in Wolverine Crossing, which a lot of UVU students live at. But that's too much, so Canyon Terrace was the best one. I'll still be working at Wal-Mart, cleaning grandmas house, and also donating plasma. I may take out a student loan so I can atleast take one or two classes at UVU. Anyways, I'm saving up my money so I can move out. Dad keeps telling me to get a life and enjoy this time of my life, so this will be a start! I may end up living there throughout the summer, because it's only $120 a month during the summer. I'm super excited! :D
1 comment:
Well, Marlisa. I'm glad you made a decision for yourself. If this is what you think will help you progress and be a better person then it is a great idea. Just remember, once you take over that contract you own the money, no matter what happens or decisions you make in the future. Good luck, it sounds like a lot of hard work and fun.
Post a Comment